Topic: Best Water Heater Brand – How to Enhance Safety Measures at Home
Best Water Heater Brand – How to Enhance Safety Measures at Home
Table of Contents
Have you bought the best brand of water heaters? Have you ever thought that you have installed it in the backyard and it has been working for many years? So can it be dangerous if it is not properly installed, repaired, or has rusted? Obviously yes. Below, our experts will guide you on why you should be concerned about the safety of water geysers.
When using a hot water geyser, most of us believe that these devices are always useful and safe. But actually, geysers also have some downsides that can make them somewhat dangerous. This is why our experts want to provide information about water geysers. In this way, you can prevent risks by having proper maintenance of water heaters:
Common Risks with Water Geysers
We all know that water geysers are meant to heat water. Then hot, warm, or lukewarm water is provided in the winter season to the washing machine, tap, or shower (depending on the settings we have made). Water heaters typically use electrical or gas power to heat water. Ultimately, this leads to heavy wear and tear on various parts of the geyser. Eventually, deterioration can lead to other problems like breakage, contamination, bulging, or even bursting.
In general, hot springs tend to deposit a variety of bacteria, particularly when they are not properly serviced, maintained, cleaned, or kept at the suggested temperature. If you live in a region where there is high humidity and you are using a storage geyser, it means that this water heater will provide an ideal place for bacteria to thrive. Ultimately, this infected water will be delivered into your kitchen sink and shower, where people are always in direct contact with it, which can eventually lead to different infections. Some contaminants cause pneumonia while the lower temperature in the water tank can result in the growth of this bacteria.
We advise customers to keep the hot water temperature at a high level (as proposed by the manufacturer) to avoid contamination.
Such problems arise from flammable products such as dust, clothes, paint, a can of gasoline, and other flammable items if they are placed near the water geyser. The vapor produced by the flammable material can easily ignite in the combustion compartment of the geyser.
We typically recommend our customers purchase a gas-powered water geyser with a Flammable Vapor Ignition Resistant (FVIR) system to help prevent the burning of vapor that may arise outside of its combustion compartment.
Carbon Monoxide Dangers
Gas-powered hot water geysers are so similar to vehicles using the same power. They all produce carbon monoxide in return. There is no doubt that carbon monoxide, in this case, is produced in a small amount and is not dangerous, especially when the geyser outlets are working properly. But the outlet(s) of the geyser may become clogged. Therefore, it uses more carbon monoxide in the atmosphere and creates health effects for people.
If a geyser is installed in the bathroom, kitchen, or living room, it can secrete carbon monoxide (in case of failure). This can create certain health problems such as nausea, vomiting, weakness, dizziness, poisoning, etc. It can even become a threat to your life. Please note that if your water heater is discharging carbon monoxide, the problem needs to be resolved urgently so that the amount of risk can be reduced.
Explosion in a water heater is quite common in winter. Happens when:
- The geyser has a gas pressure problem that results in an explosion, particularly when it can’t handle any more pressure inside.
- Your water geyser has gotten too old and its lower area is not sealed, so it can’t keep the gas pressure and heat inside properly.
Such explosions usually occur when there is no temperature and pressure relief valve. Detonation can also arise when there is a broken thermostat that cannot stabilize the temperature or higher values.
How to stay safe from water heater failures
To stay safe from all dangers, it is essential to maintain your device properly. For example, you should know:
- The different parts of the water heater that heat the water and how they should be maintained to prevent damage or danger in the future.
- They are copper pipes that are used to transfer gas energy from the gas meter to the geyser. Make sure there are no leaks or physical damage.
- Whether a geyser is receiving cold water supply in the tank or not. The water tank can be damaged if it does not receive a sufficient supply of cold water. The appliance may malfunction if the geyser body or tank is broken
- All water geysers have a gas control valve that is used to regulate the temperature of the water inside the tank.
- It’s a good idea to check your thermostat regularly to make sure it’s working properly.
- The water heater must have a drain valve. Helps clean deposits and impurities left at the bottom of the water tank. We generally advise customers to keep the tank clean and in working order.
- The T&P valve helps stabilize the temperature and pressure of the water heater. This is why we recommend testing the valve frequently. This helps ensure it works properly or you can verify it in another way
- There should be a discharge tube to help keep the water inside the geyser boiling as long as the temperature or pressure is considerably higher.
- There should be maintained every six months or annually to ensure that the geyser works efficiently and complies with all safety measures. It is suggested to hire a plumber or contact our professional for service, repairs, and/or maintenance.
- To prevent bacteria growth, explosions, or scorching burns, you must set the proper temperature on your water geyser. Our experts always suggest setting the temperature to 51 degrees Celsius to avoid bacteria, while the temperature should not exceed 60 degrees Celsius to avoid burns or explosions. Note that the higher the temperature, the higher the chances that the device will not work properly.
- You can buy an insulation kit in the market that could help keep the water heater safe. These kits help reduce the risk of explosion or fire while keeping the water geyser cool. Thus, it allows the water heater to run longer with higher efficiency. Remember that the insulation kit must be installed by a qualified technician.
There is nothing to scare about water heater safety issues. Once you have purchased the best brand of water heater, just follow the recommendations above and start enjoying your winter with our water heater. Best Water Heater Brand 2022.